NBC5 Forecast: Rain Chances for North Texas

Harvey continues to weaken, but heavy rain and flooding remains a threat in parts of Texas. Extremely heavy rain over Southeast Texas has led to multiple flash flood emergencies across the Houston-Galveston area. Life-threatening flooding is likely to continue there with some locations picking up 30+ inches of rain as Harvey stalls out into early next week. Even as far north as central Texas will see gusty winds and periods of heavy rainfall.While we will see spotty showers in North Texas today, the impact from Harvey will be minimal. We will have to keep a close eye on the remnants of Harvey for the middle to latter part of next week. Some computer models bring the tropical low up through North Texas. If that happens, we could see some locally heavy rain here. Please check back for updates.See the full 10-Day Forecast below. TODAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for scattered showers. High: 85. Wind: NE/E 10 mph. TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance for scattered showers. Low: 72. Wind: E 5-10 mph. MONDAY: Mostly cloudy. Low: 70. High: 88. Wind: NE 10 mph. TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 70. High: 89. Wind: NE 10 mph. WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy to cloudy with a 30% chance for showers. Low: 72. High: 86. Wind: NE 10-15 mph. THURSDAY: Cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. Low: 72. High: 84. Wind: NE 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Cloudy and breezy with a 40% chance of rain. Low: 72. High: 84. Wind: NE 10-20 mph. SATURDAY: Cloudy and breezy with a 30% chance of rain. Low: 73. High: 83. Wind: NW 10-20 mph. SUNDAY: Partly cloudy with a 30% chance for showers. Low: 72. High: 87. Wind: SW 10 mph. MONDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 74. High: 92. Wind: S 10 mph. TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 72. High: 90. Wind: S 10 mph.   Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us