NBC5 Forecast: Light Wintry Mix Possible

A strong cold front blew through North Texas early Thursday morning accompanied by scattered hail in some areas. Temperatures dropped rapidly, and in spite of sunshine returning by afternoon, DFW never climbed much above 40 degrees all day.A hard freeze is expected overnight, with lows in the mid 20s.Clouds will return quickly by noon on Friday, and an approaching upper level disturbance may squeeze out a light wintry mix of rain, sleet and snow by evening. But moisture will be very limited with this system, so any precipitation will be very light. As a result, at this point no travel impacts are expected.TONIGHT: Mostly clear and cold. Low: 24. Wind: N 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Hard freeze in the morning. Increasing clouds and cold. A mix of light rain, a few sleet pellets and maybe a few snow flurries by evening. High: 39. Wind: N 10-15 mph. SATURDAY: Cloudy and cold, with a few sprinkles possible. Low: 29. High: 41. Wind: E 5-10 mph. SUNDAY: Cloudy and cool with a 60% chance for rain. Low: 38. High: 48. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. MONDAY: Mostly cloudy and milder, with a 40% chance for rain. Low: 47. High: 60. Wind: SE 10 mph. TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and cool. Low: 44. High: 58. Wind: N 10-15 mph. WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and cool. Low: 40. High: 55. Wind: E 5-10 mph. VALENTINE'S DAY: Partly cloudy and breezy. Low: 42. High: 58. Wind: SE 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and milder. Low: 46. High: 64. Wind: SE 10-15 mph. SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 49. High: 64. Wind: S 10-15 mph. SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 52. High: 65. Wind: S 10-15 mph.   Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us