NBC5 Forecast: Cold Front Coming Wednesday

A gusty south wind prompted a Wind Advisory to be issued through midnight. Sustained wind speeds will be 15-25 mph, with some gusts over 35 mph. But after a very warm afternoon, cooler air will arrive with a cold front on Wednesday. This front could kick-off a couple of isolated thunderstorms by mid-day. But the best chance for storms will be east of Dallas, where some strong to severe storms will be possible.Thunderstorms return this weekend. There is a chance that some could be severe on Saturday. But it should clear out on Sunday.10-Day ForecastTONIGHT: Mostly cloudy, breezy, warm and humid. Low: 70. Wind: S 15-20 mph. WEDNESDAY: Cloudy, with a 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms around mid-day. Storm chances will increase east of Dallas during the afternoon. High: 73. Wind: Shifting NW 15-20 mph by noon. THURSDAY: A cool morning, then mostly sunny and warm. Low: 49. High: 80. Wind: S 10-15 mph. FRIDAY: Partly cloudy, windy, humid, and very warm with a 20% chance for thunderstorms, mainly after sunset. Low: 65. High: 87. Wind: S 15-20 mph. SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy, windy, and humid with an 80% chance for showers and thunderstorms. Some storms may be severe. Low: 68. High: 81. Wind: S 15-25 mph. SUNDAY: Decreasing clouds, breezy and cooler. Low: 55. High: 70. Wind: NW 10-20 mph. MONDAY: Sunny and pleasant. Low: 50. High: 76. Wind: N 5-10 mph. TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warmer. Low: 59. High: 82. Wind: SW 5-10 mph. WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 20% chance of thunderstorms by evening. Low: 63. High: 84. Wind: S 10-20 mph. THURSDAY: Decreasing clouds, breezy and slightly cooler. Low: 59. High: 78. Wind: N 10-20 mph. FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 61. High: 81. Wind: E 5-10 mph.   Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us