NBC 5 Forecast: A Growing Chance of Storms

Warmth, wind, and humidity will be the main weather players for the next few days. That means we will have the fuel for showers and storms, but that does not guarantee that we will have widespread severe weather. We have a conditional risk for severe storms Tuesday. That basically means that most of the ingredients for rough weather will be out there, but the overall storm coverage will be isolated to widely scattered Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday night.Since we're not looking for significant storm development on Tuesday, that means the chance for severe weather will also carry over to Wednesday. Heavy rainfall will also be possible.The best thing for you to do is be weather aware and keep checking back for updates to the forecast.Additional storm chances appear possible Thursday through Saturday. TONIGHT: Slight chance of storms to the northwest of DFW. Low: Mostly cloudy. Low: 69. Wind: SE 10-15 mph. TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy, windy, and humid. A 40 percent chance storms develop late in the afternoon or evening. If storms develop, they may become severe. Low: 69. High: 82. Wind: SE 15-30 mph. WEDNESDAY: A 70 percent chance for storms. Some storms may be severe with locally heavy rainfall. Low: 70. High: 79. Wind: SE 15-25 mph. THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy and mild. A 40 percent chance for scattered storms. Low: 65. High: 79. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for isolated storms. Low: 63. High: 77. Wind: NE 5-10 mph. SATURDAY: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance for isolated storms. Low: 64. High: 80. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. SUNDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 64. High: 83. Wind: S 5-10 mph. MONDAY: Partly cloudy and humid. Low: 66. High: 83. Wind: SE 10 mph. TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and humid. Low: 68. High: 84. Wind: SE 10 mph. WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 65. High: 80. Wind: N 10 mph.   Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us