Husband, Wife Uninjured After RV Catches Fire in Far Northeast Dallas

A couple managed to escape when their RV went up in flames and brought down power lines Thursday afternoon near a far northeast Dallas strip mall. The husband and wife were driving about 4:30 p.m. when their RV's engine compartment caught fire. They tried to pull over and stopped at the entrance of a strip mall in the 9400 block of Walnut Street, near Abrams Road, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said. The heat from the flames was "so intense" that it brought down the power lines that were hanging overhead, Evans said. Firefighters eventually brought the blaze under control and no injuries were reported.   Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us