Gas Leak Causes Power Outages, Evacuations in Downtown Fort Worth

A gas leak in downtown Forth Worth has prompted evacuations after flames started bursting from a telephone pole. Fort Worth police said power has been cut to the surrounding blocks because of the leak in the 200 block of Pecan Street. They are advising people to stay away from the area.The leak was first reported around 11:15 a.m., according to KXAS-TV (NBC5). The cause of the leak has not yet been confirmed.  Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us