False Alarm Over Gas Leak Triggers Evacuation at Irving Middle School

Students at an Irving middle school were evacuated over a reported gas leak Wednesday morning but quickly returned to class when no evidence of a leak was found. Students and staff at Travis Middle School at 1600 Finley Road were cleared from the building around 10 a.m. after an employee thought she smelled natural gas in the entryway. A hazardous materials team was called to the school after another report on the second floor. Atmos Energy was notified of the situation and also sent investigators to the middle school.No leaks were found, and students were allowed back inside the building.   Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright DFW-MorningNews
Contact Us