In a weekly post, we'll take a look around the AL West — what's happened so far, and what's on tap in the coming days.
1. Texas Rangers (12-10) — The Rangers have won two straight to win a series against the Yankees before welcoming the surging Angels to town. The offense has come to life, as of late, and the starting rotation has far exceeded expectations thanks to the hot start of A.J. Griffin. Next up: Friday, 7:05 p.m., vs. Los Angeles Angels.
2. Seattle Mariners (11-10) — The Mariners have gotten off to a decent start through the first month of the season after a horribly disappointing 2015 campaign. Robinson Cano has murdered the Rangers and not much else, but their retooled lineup has made them a more formidable team. Next up: Friday, 9:10 p.m., vs. Kansas City Royals.
3. Los Angeles Angels (11-11) — The Angels are fresh off a sweep of the the defending champion Royals but just put closer Huston Street on the disabled list on Thursday, which won't help an already shaky bullpen. Next up: Friday, 7:05 p.m., at Texas Rangers.
4. Oakland Athletics (11-11) — The A's haven't been awful, which is quite the surprise with a quick glance at their roster. But then again, it's the A's, so we shouldn't expect differently out of them as they seem to always put something together out of nothing. Next up: Today, 12:10 p.m., at Detroit Tigers.
5. Houston Astros (7-15) — LOL. Next up: Friday, 9:05 p.m., at Oakland Athletics.