Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Ht. 6'1", Wt. 240, Arm: -, Hand: -, Bench: -
40 yd: -, 10 yd.: -, 3 Cone: -, Vertical: -, Broad: -
Games Watched: USC, Texas A&M, Florida
Reuben Foster has been a star basically since his freshman year in high school. The four-star prospect and No. 1 inside linebacker in his class waffled between Auburn and Alabama before settling on the Crimson Tide. He appeared in 20 games during his first two years in Tuscaloosa.
Foster took over as the starter in his junior year, finished with 73 tackles, 8 TFL, 2 sacks and 9 passes broken up. He opted to return for his seanior season, which looked like a wise move. He finished the year with 94 tackles, 12 TFL, 4 sacks and 8 QB hurries on his way to All-America honors and a Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker.
• Physical - Intimidating hitter, looks to punish
• Speed - Sideline to sideline, penetration
• Intelligent - QBs defense, prepares well
• Instincts - Quick to diagnose offense, good angles
• Discipline - Knows role and executes
• Coverage - Comfortable in man and zone
• Blitzing - Effective pass rusher
• Hand Usage - Eludes blockers, but doesn't shed well
• Longevity - Physical style could mean short career
Verdict: First Round
If you want a Navorro Bowman-esque linebacker, Foster is your guy. He's the type of physical presence at inside linebacker that most good defenses tend to have. With his speed, intelligence and physicality, he has everything he needs to be a plug-and-play starter in any scheme.
The Cowboys need playmakers at every level of their defense and there might not be a more dynamic one in the 2017 draft than Foster. He's a true three-down defender and the ideal MIKE to pair with Sean Lee. The only problem is he's not likely to last until Dallas picks.