Did you know you can easily regrow some of your vegetables, just by using kitchen scraps? Here’s how you can get started, using the base of a bunch of celery and some seeds from a bell pepper.
You will need:
• An empty container like a small pot or plastic cup
• Potting soil
• A few bell pepper seeds
• Base from a bunch of celery (1-2 inches tall – you do not need the stalks)
• Fill two containers most of the way with soil.
• Press about three bell pepper seeds ¼ inch into the soil of one container, making sure they are covered.
• Plant the celery base, cut-side up, 1 inch deep into the soil of the other container. Cover the celery base with soil.
• Water both containers and place in a sunny location to grow!
For more information on activities to do at home, visit www.perotmuseum.org.