Get ready to enjoy a terrific second half of the weekend! We will see a lot of sun today (just a few high clouds streaming by overhead) and temperatures climbing nicely into the 60s. A cold front will sweep through North Texas late this afternoon as a developing storm system scoots by to our north and east. As the storm system strengthens, it will create windy conditions for us on Monday. It's been dry lately ... so the combination of strong winds, dry air, and recently rainless days means the fire danger will be fairly high on Monday. After a cooler Monday, temperatures will climb back into the 60s and even 70s the rest of the upcoming week.
7 DAY FORECAST:
- TODAY: Mostly sunny and warmer. High: 64. Wind: SW shifting to the NW late PM 10-15 mph.
- TONIGHT: Clear and becoming breezy after midnight. Low: 36. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny, cooler, and windy. Elevated fire danger. High: 57. Wind: NW 20-30 mph. Wind gusts up to 40 mph possible.
- TUESDAY: Sunny and mild with less wind. Low: 34. High: 62. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny and mild. Low: 38. High: 64. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny, breezy, and warm. Low: 44. High: 75. Wind: SW 10-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 46. High: 67. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Pleasant & dry with a mix of clouds and sun. Low: 45. High: 66. Wind: NE 5-15 mph.