Detour Alert: Lanes of DNT, SRT to Close This Weekend
Both directions of the Dallas North Tollway are to be closed at the Sam Rayburn Tollway overnight Friday and Saturday and a section of the southwest-bound SRT frontage road will be closed Friday through early Monday.
The roads are being closed to complete the placement of steel bridge beams on the SRT/DNT interchange.
From 11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5, until 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, and again from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, until 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 7:
- All northbound DNT main lanes will be closed between Headquarters Drive in Plano and Gaylord Parkway in Frisco.
- The northbound DNT entrance ramp near Headquarters Drive in Plano will be closed.
- All southbound DNT main lanes will be closed between Gaylord Parkway in Frisco and Headquarters Drive in Plano.
- The southbound DNT entrance ramps near Warren Parkway in Frisco and Legacy Drive in Plano will be closed.
- Motorists are advised not to enter the southbound DNT via the ramp near Lebanon Road in Frisco because they will immediately be rerouted to exit the tollway.
- The northbound-to-southbound DNT frontage road U-turn at the SRT will also be closed.
From 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5, until 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8:
- The southwest-bound SRT frontage road will be closed between Parkwood Boulevard and the northbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway) in Frisco.
- The southwest-bound SRT entrance ramp at Parkwood Boulevard will be closed.
Detour routes (see attached map):
- Northbound DNT traffic will exit at Headquarters Drive and be routed to the northbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway). To re-enter the northbound DNT, drivers will use the entrance ramp near Gaylord Parkway. As an alternative route, northeast-bound SRT motorists can use the frontage road to eastbound Headquarters Drive, to northbound Parkwood Boulevard and to the northeast-bound SRT frontage road (SH 121) so they may use the SRT entrance ramp east of Parkwood.
- Southbound DNT traffic will exit at SH 121 and be routed to the southbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway). To re-enter southbound DNT, motorists will use the entrance ramp north of Headquarter Drive. As an alternative route, southwest-bound SRT motorists can take the DNT frontage road to westbound Warren Parkway, to southbound Legacy Drive and then to the southwest-bound SRT frontage road (SH 121) so they may use the SRT entrance ramp west of Legacy Drive.
- Southwest-bound SRT frontage road motorists wishing to return to the SRT frontage road will take northbound Parkwood Boulevard to westbound Gaylord Parkway, continuing west on Warren Parkway and then south on Legacy Drive to the southwest-bound SRT frontage road. Southwest-bound SRT frontage road motorists trying to access the southbound DNT frontage road will take southbound Parkwood Boulevard to westbound Headquarters Drive, continuing to the southbound DNT frontage road.
Delays are likely and motorists should avoid the area.