In-n-Out is coming to the Metroplex -- but you already knew that. The rumor mill began to swirl in May when the first Texas In-n-Out location was announced to be in Garland, TX.
In addition to the new burger joint, the company plans to build a new processing and distribution center near Dallas. But common sense tells you that the company wouldn’t build a new processing center to serve just one restaurant...
Rumors swirled that In-N-Out has six locations under contract to set up shop, so here's what we know right now.
- Allen - The Village at Allen will set up shop in mid 2011. The Village is located at the intersection of U.S. 75 and Stacy Road.
- Garland - In-n-Out will be located at the Firewheel Town Center in Garland. It will be located on the southeaster corner of Towner Center Blvd and Lavon Drive.
- Fort Worth – West 7th development will open the first Tarrant County burger joint in mid 2011. The eatery will be located at the northwest corner of West Seventh and Currie streets. It will open mid-2011.
- Dallas – Dallas location will open at Central Expressway and Caruth Haven.
- Frisco - An Anonymous commentor (with great City of Frisco building permit skills) let us know that Stonebriar Center would also get an In-N-Out location. You can try the permit-fu for yourself using the information they posted below.
- Hurst -- Bud Kennedy Tweeted a link out to a City of Hurst agenda item that caught our hamburger-loving attention: A public hearing for a site plan at 750 Airport Freeway that would bring the chain to Hurst.
But is this it for the burger chain, or will In-N-Out Double-Double down on their North Texas bet? One missing piece (at least to us) is Arlington. Installing the burger chain in the new center of DFW sports seems it'd be a big score with fans, as well as the huge standing population of the city. Another possibility? We're thinking a Denton County location, either in Lewisville or Denton itself, could be the final piece of the puzzle.
Of course, we'll have to wait for the next announcement to be sure. Until then, let all your dreams be Double-Doubles.