Chocolate Bread Pudding
6 medium-sized croissants
3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups milk chocolate
1 tblsp vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Grease the edges of an 8x8, 3 inch dish
- Cut croissants into quarters and into a grease dish
- Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate) in a large bowl and mix well. Ingredients will include heavy whipping cream, condensed milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture over croissants and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes
- Let the bread soak up the mixture
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces on top
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Cook at 275 degrees for 30 minutes, then uncover for another ten minutes until the top is golden brown in color.
2 cups granulated sugar
1 butane torch
- Peel and cut bananas in half
- sprinkle liberally with sugar
- go over the top with the heat from the butane torch
Rum Syrup Recipe
½ bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1 cup brown sugar
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes until it has a syrup-like consistency.
Dish out serving of chocolate bread pudding, top with banana halves, and serve with rum syrup drizzled on top or served on the side.