- Take your kids to see The Cheetah Girls at the AAC, Monday at 7 pm or just be very glad you don't have kids.
- I still like Weezer. 8 pm at Nokia on Tuesday.
- Sarah Bareilles, Marc Broussard, and Raining Jane play the H.O.B. Wednesday at 7:30 pm. I'm at a loss to remember any other song from Bareilles than her "Love Song" which was unfortunately overplayed to death. I guess repetition does work to help people remember things.I guess repetition does work to help people remember things.
- When I say Butthole, you say Surfers. Butthole. Surfers.Granada. Wednesday. 8 p.m. Tell "Pepper" we say hi.
- Battle it out Thursday: If you select Ben Folds at the Palladium, you'll hear piano-based songwriting. If you select Jason Mraz at Nokia, you'll hear guitar-based songwriting. 7:30 pm for Ben, 8 pm for Jason. It's your call.
- R.E.M and the Old 97's are at Nokia on Friday. R.E.M's latest was solid, but our office has a habit of playing Old 97's songs to keep morale up. It's hard to say which part of the bill we like better.
- Battle it out Saturday: If you select Edgefest at Pizza Hut Park, you'll hear STP, Offspring, Staind, and the Toadies. If you select the Meltdown Ten Year Anniversary at the Lizard Lounge, you'll hear Moby, plus like twenty other DJs. Edgefest starts earlier (10 am), but Meltdown ends later (4 am) Could you do it all?
Published at 4:45 PM CDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 3:42 PM CDT on Oct 25, 2008