Celebrate National Museum Day with NBC 5 at Day in the District on Saturday, September 22 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is your chance to experience nine amazing museums and various performances all for free.
Known for its legendary western roots, Fort Worth is a city where culture and heritage thrive together. The city embraces the arts and is home to some of the most beautifully designed museums in the world with outstanding collections and a vibrant performing arts scene.
Participating museums include:
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT)
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Fort Worth Community Arts Center
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Log Cabin Village
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame
The T will provide complimentary transportation, making a continuous loop throughout the Cultural District. For more information about the Day in the District visit www.fwdayinthedistrict.org.
The easiest route from most directions is to take University Drive or Montgomery Street north from I-30. From downtown Fort Worth, go west on 7th Street or Lancaster Avenue.
Day in the District
Fort Worth’s Cultural District
Saturday, September 22
10 A.M. to 5 P.M.