NBC 5 invites you to join the celebration at Earth Day Dallas on Saturday, April 21, and Sunday, April 22 at Fair Park in Dallas. Be inspired to lead a more sustainable lifestyle with exhibits, entertainment and education for all ages.
Earth Day Dallas is a free, two-day festival that seeks to elevate environmental awareness and influence the way North Texans think, live and work. Learn how green lifestyle choices can lower your cost of living, improve your health, and help save the environment.
The heart of the festival is the Eco Expo, where exhibitors will use their presence to promote their achievements as green leaders. They will also teach you how to take environmentally responsible action by better utilizing available resources, switching to eco-friendly products, or joining their organizations.
Some of the highlights of Earth Day Dallas will include:
- Green Talk Speaker Series with topics including water, global warming and the future sustainability of North Texas
- Artfully Green Film Series
- Family Zone featuring hands-on environmental activities
- University Row with over 20 universities and colleges
- Live music at the Band Shell featuring Amos Lee
- Workshop corners demonstrating composting, rainwater harvesting, and green money-saving tips
- Community yoga
- Picnic for the Planet: Help break the world’s record for the largest, simultaneous global picnic!
- DFW Truck Farm 5K Fun Run
- Live BMX shows
- Dallas Urban Debate Alliance environmental, student debates
- Dance Performances
- Concessions that include healthy, organic and gluten-free options, in addition to everyone’s favorite festival treats.
- Much more!
For more information, visit www.earthdaydallas.org.
Earth Day Dallas
April 21 & 22
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Fair Park – Dallas