Looking for a new job? According to the staffing firm OfficeTeam, mother really does know best. These basic words of wisdom from mom can help you land a new gig.
- Mind your manners. Be nice to everyone -- especially the receptionist.
- If you don't have anything nice to say, shut up! Managers don't want to hear you complain about your old boss.
- Do your homework. Knowing something about your prospective employer makes you look smart.
- Don't sell yourself short. Make sure your resume highlights your achievements.
- Always send a thank-you note. 9 out of 10 executives surveyed said it can boost your chances of landing the job.