A San Francisco hotel was temporarily evacuated Monday after an employee accidentally set off a canister of bear repellent, according to the San Francisco Fire Department.
Shortly after 5:30 p.m. a full hazmat response was called to the Raddison Hotel Fisherman's Wharf at 250 Beach St. after people complained of trouble breathing and irritation.
A maintenance worker found the canister left in a room. It somehow was set off and seeped through the air ducts to all four floors of the hotel, officials said.
Four people were taken to the hospital for treatment and none of the injuries are considered serious.