Hundreds of jubilant fans gathered at Love Field as the jet carrying the team landed in Dallas at about noon Monday, one day after the Mavericks wrapped up the NBA title with a Game 6 win against the Miami Heat.
The plane passed under a water cannon welcome at the airport.
Owner Mark Cuban walked off the plane carrying the championship trophy. Dirk Nowitzki followed him carrying his MVP trophy. Both carried the hardware to a high fence surrounding the runway, allowing fans to get a close look.
Dallas police estimate 2,500 people were at Love Field for the homecoming. Some fans say they started camping out at the airport at 2 a.m.
Officers say there was a much larger crowd on Lemmon Avenue.
- Article: THE MAVS WIN THE NBA FINALS!
- Article: Cavs Owner Takes Final Shot at LeBron
- Article:Jason Terry's Tattoo Stays
- Article:Cuban Stays (Somewhat) Humble in Victory
- Article:"We Got Vindication"
- Article: Mavs Fans Spill Into Victory Plaza
- Article:Mavs Victory Parade Expected Week of June 20
- Article: Tempers Flare in Game 6, NBA to Review
- Video: Thousands of Mavs Fans Celebrate at the AAC
- Video: Dirk - "This is a Win for Playing as a Team"
- Video: Chandler -"We Did It for You Dallas"
- Video:Barea's Friends and Family Pack the Stands
- Video:Jason Kidd Finally an NBA Champion
- NBCDFW Gallery: Dallas Mavericks: 2011 NBA Champs
- NBCDFW Gallery:Mavs Fans Party in the Plaza
- NBCDFW Gallery: Mavs Mania: Your Photos
- NBCDFW Gallery:NBA Finals: Mavs vs. Heat
- NBCDFW Gallery: Mavs Playoff Posters
- CNBC Gallery: Best-Selling NBA Jerseys
- CNBC Gallery:Meet the Newest NBA Millionaires