The vice president of the construction company charged with installing temporary seating in Cowboys Stadium for Super Bowl XLV has come out in defense of his company, refuting claims by Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck and others that the crew had left the job early.
Scott Suprina of Seating Solutions, a New York-based construction firm, told WFAA 8 that the crew had worked up until two hours around kickoff, but were unable to finish the job due to the inclement weather that hit the area last week. According to Suprina, the crew lost four days of work due to the ice storm.
A crew from Manhattan Construction was brought in to assist Seating Solutions’ crew, but were unable to finish the seats to satisfy fire marshals, who deemed them unsafe, leaving 1,250 fans without seats. 400 of these fans ended up missing the game.
“There were many things that went wrong,” Suprina said, per the Dallas Morning News. “I accept some responsibility.”
John Dixon, the executive vice president of Manhattan Construction, had said previously that the crew left the job around midnight on Saturday, but retracted that statement in speaking to the Morning News. Mayor Cluck told a similar story when asked of the incident, but Suprina stands by the performance of his crew.
“I’ve worked for 20 years to build my business,” Suprina said, adding, in the direction of Mayor Cluck, “get your facts straight.”