Wednesday is the sixth annual Chicken Fried Steak Day in Texas.
Ed Murph, owner of Norma's Cafe in Dallas, helped initiate the holiday in 2011.
Norma's will hold the second annual Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day bus tour beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday at their location near U.S. 75. The tour, which benefits the North Texas Food Bank, will take chicken fried steak lovers to Alfredo's Steakhouse in Forney, Ole West Bean and Burger in Canton and Terrell Steak and Grill Restaurant in Terrell.
Norma's will also celebrate the Texas staple with five platters that represent the different tastes across the state.
- The Classic with cream gravy.
- The San Jacinto with chili, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and onions.
- The Panhandle with cream gravy, green chilies and jack cheese.
- The Hill Country with brisket and barbecue sauce.
- The By the Border chicken fried steak enchilada served with rice, beans and pico de gallo.
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn recently sent a letter to Norma's Cafe recognizing their efforts.
There are also several other North Texas haunts joining in on the occasion.
The Cotton Patch Cafe will offer chicken fried steak or chicken dinners all day for $7.99. Check out the Hub Sports Bar and Grill in Addison as well as the All Good Cafe in Dallas for deals.