Investigators say a 5-year-old girl and her 3-year-old brother have suffered burns in a power line-related accident while playing outside their Houston-area home.
The Harris County Constable's Office says the children were shocked Sunday afternoon and transported to the burn unit of a Galveston hospital. Names of the siblings haven't been released and further details on their conditions were not immediately available Monday.
Officials say the children were playing in their yard when they began to swing on a loose metal cable used to support a power pole. Capt. Steve Whitten says the cable somehow became energized and the children were shocked. CenterPoint Energy officials are investigating the accident.