A Texas mom is suing Blue Bell Creameries, claiming she contracted listeria after eating contaminated ice cream, according to reports.
The Houston Chronicle reports Ursula Burton, of Galveston County, filed a court petition April 17 alleging she and her daughter became "violently ill" after eating Blue Bell ice cream bought at a Valero convenience store in April 2015.
The Chronicle reports Burton is seeking $200,000 to $1 million for pain, anguish, medical expensive, damages from physical impairment and lost wages.
Brenham, Texas-based Blue Bell halted sales, issued a voluntarily recall of all its products that same month and shut down its three plants due to bacteria contamination that was linked to 10 listeria cases in four states, including three deaths in Kansas.
The company resumed selling its products about four months later. Before resuming production, the company said it had implemented new cleaning and sanitizing procedures at its facilities, as well as new testing programs and new employee training.
A Blue Bell spokesman told NBC DFW the company would not comment on legal matters.