Tar Machine Starts Fire Near High School

Building not affected by roofing materials fire

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Rooshna, NBC 5 viewer
    An NBC 5 viewer snapped this picture of the fire. If you see news breaking, send us a photo, your name and the location at iSee@nbcdfw.com.

    A tar heating machine near Colleyville Heritage High School caught fire Friday morning, igniting roofing material nearby and sending heavy, black smoke into the air.

    Firefighters quickly responded and put the fire out, a spokesperson for the Grapvine Colleyville Independent School District said.

    The building is getting a new tar roof and one of the machines that heats the liquid tar caught fire, officials with the district said.

    The school was not affected by the fire and the building was not in any danger of catching fire, according to the district.