Space Heater Possible Cause of Dallas House Fire

Friday, Dec 27, 2013  |  Updated 12:56 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A house fire on the 2300 block of Dyson Street in Dallas destroyed one man's home. No one was injured. The homeowner says the cause of the fire was more than likely sparked by a space heater.

Scott Gordon, NBC 5 News

A house fire on the 2300 block of Dyson Street in Dallas destroyed one man's home. No one was injured. The homeowner says the cause of the fire was more than likely sparked by a space heater.

advertisement

A space heater may have caused a house fire in Dallas Thursday night.

The one-alarm house fire happened on the 2300 block of Dyson Street at about  8 p.m.

Dallas Fire-Rescue crews said no one was injured from the fire.

Nedridge Aims lived in the house for 12 years and managed to make it out of the home.

Aims believes a space heater he left on near a couch started the fire.

"As soon as I walked to the door, the fire was coming out," Aims said. " There was nothing I could do, but walk back out. Christmas gifts, TVs, everything. Everything is gone. Got to start all over. Only thing I can do. That's the important thing. I'm alright. As long as I'm alright, I'm good.

The American Red Cross is helping Aims.

NBC 5's Scott Gordon contributed to this report.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out