Arlington Residents Evacuated Due to Device
Mark Schnyder, NBC 5 News
Evacuated Arlington residents were forced out overnight due to a suspicious device in the area.
Several Arlington residents were forced out of their homes overnight Saturday due to a suspicious device in the neighborhood.
At about 11:30 p.m Saturday, police and firefighters were called to a home on the 400 block of Quail Roost Lane, near Harris Lane and Matlock Road about a block from Seguin High School.
Police said Sunday morning that a man spotted a fire in his driveway and his neighbor running away toward his own home two doors down.
Firefighters arrived and determined the fire was ignited by a fuse stuffed into a fuel can, loaded with gasoline and bullets.
The man who allegedly started the fire, Michael Johnson, was taken into custody. He is charged with arson and making a false alarm report.
Several nearby homes were evacuated as Johnson's home was searched for any other incindiary devices. Once his home was determined to be clear, the residents were allowed to return home.