One Hurt in Possible Texas House Explosion

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Johnson County Sheriff Office
    Fire engulfs house in Keene, TX on Tuesday, March 4, 2014.

    One man has been hurt in the fiery explosion of a North Texas house where the victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace.

    The Johnson County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday said 68-year-old Patrick Lawrence is recovering from burns. Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night's explosion at a home near Keene, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth.

    Sheriff Bob Alford said deputies answered a 911 call about a house engulfed in flames. Lawrence later told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn't immediately explain why.

    Lawrence said he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.

    A spokeswoman for Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas said Lawrence was in good condition Wednesday.