One man was taken to the hospital with serious burns after the air conditioner he was working on caught fire, according to Fort Worth fire officials.
It happened around 9:45 a.m. at the American Market at 4200-block of Miller, near state Highway 287 in Fort Worth.
The man had serious burns to his torso and face and was taken by Medstar ambulance to Parkland Dallas, Fort Worth Fire public information officer Tim Hardeman said.
Witnesses called fire crews after seeing fire coming from the roof. Fire crews arrived and found the man on the roof, badly burned.
They were able to get the fire out, but remained on the scene to check for hot spots because the business had a double roof, Hardeman said.
No firefighters were injured, but crews were taking special precautions because of the heat, Hardeman said.