Man, Dog Rescued from Dallas House Fire

Dog given oxygen, man hospitalized

By Frank Heinz
|  Tuesday, Aug 21, 2012  |  Updated 6:50 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A man and a dog were injured in an early-morning house fire at a home in the 900 block of Chevez Drive in Dallas Tuesday.

Andrew Tanielian, NBC 5 Reporter

A man and a dog were injured in an early-morning house fire at a home in the 900 block of Chevez Drive in Dallas Tuesday.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

One Injured, Dog Rescued from House Fire

Dallas firefighters saved one person and a dog from an early-morning house fire Tuesday.
More Photos and Videos

A man and a dog were injured in an early-morning house fire in Dallas Tuesday.

Firefighters arrived at a home on the 900-block of Chevez Drive in north Oak Cliff at about 3 a.m. and spotted flames coming from a one-story woodshed behind the home.

The shed was attached the home by a short roof extension, but firefighters were able to stop the spread of the fire before the home became fully involved.

The man who lived in the home suffered minor burns while escaping the fire and was taken to an area hospital. His dog, a pekingese, was given oxygen and water by firefighters but is OK.

Investigators determined that the fire began due to an electrical short in the shed.

Losses are estimated at $55,000.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out