Jonas Bros. Cancel MX Show Over Security Concerns

Thursday, Oct 14, 2010  |  Updated 12:03 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Jonas Bros. Cancel MX Show Over Security Concerns

WireImage

Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas and Kevin Jonas of the Jonas Brothers backstage before ABC's "Good Morning America" summer concert series at Rumsey Playfield on May 21, 2010 in New York City.

advertisement

DFW's Disney stars the Jonas Brothers have canceled a concert scheduled in the Mexican city of Monterrey because of security concerns.

Concert promoter Live Nation says the Oct. 21 concert was canceled due to "a series of unfortunate events" in Monterrey and out of concern for fans.

Monterrey is Mexico's richest city and long one of its safest, but a wave of drug violence has shocked residents. More than 400 people have been killed this year in the state of Nuevo Leon, where Monterrey is located.

Jonas Brothers fan Dharyus Ledezma begged the trio on their Facebook page to announce a new concert date soon. The Monterrey resident said she had been looking forward to seeing them since the show was announced five months ago.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out