Officials with the Lewisville Independent School District say a lockdown at Hebron High School in Carrollton Tuesday morning was the result of a bomb threat hoax.
The district tweeted the initial alert about the lockdown shortly before 9:30 a.m. At about 10:20 a.m., the district posted a message to their Facebook page that said the threat was a hoax and that the lockdown had been released.
District officials said the threat was made by telephone and that, once received, the school implemented their emergency plan by locking down the high school. The nearby 9th grade campus was also locked down as a precaution due to the proximity to the high school.
"Please know the safety and security of our students is priority. Our administration, faculty and staff are committed to maintaining a safe school environment that is conducive to learning and teaching. As always, we will keep you informed of any updates regarding the situation," the district said in their Facebook post.
No information has been released about who made the call or what was said in the threat. An investigation into the call is presumed to be ongoing.
Elsewhere in Texas, a bomb threat hoax at Texas State University forced the evacuation of a dormitory and the detonation of a suspicious package as a precaution Tuesday morning. Officials in San Marcos are questioning a non-student in the incident.
On Monday, a 19-year-old student in the Houston suburb of Katy was taken into police custody after a zip gun was found on campus. The gun was located during a sweep by the bomb squad following an evacuation of the 4,000-student campus. The student, identified as Thomas Scott Barfield, is expected to appear in court Tuesday.