Fort Hood shooting suspect Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan could be permanently paralyzed, according to his lawyer.
Galligan said he was concerned that authorities did not notify him of the transfer in advance as promised. One of Hasan's relatives visited him Thursday night at San Antonio's Brooke Army Medical Center but was told Friday that Hasan was not there, Galligan said.
Hasan was listed as a Bell County Jail inmate as of Friday morning, according to the jail's online records.
Hasan had been at the military hospital since shortly after the Nov. 5 shooting spree, which left him paralyzed. He is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.
He faces an Article 32 hearing, similar to a grand jury proceeding, as early as July 1. After that, a military judge will determine whether there is enough evidence to go to trial. Prosecutors have not said whether they would seek the death penalty.
Last month, Bell County commissioners finalized a contract with the military to house Hasan. Although the jail usually houses military defendants from nearby Fort Hood, which does not have holding facilities, a special agreement was required for Hasan because "unusual and extraordinary security measures" were necessary, Bell County Sheriff Dan Smith has said.
The sheriff previously said he would provide details about transferring and housing Hasan only after he was at the jail. Smith did not immediately return a call seeking comment Friday morning.
Galligan has said the 183-day jail contract to house Hasan began March 31, the day Hasan was given a medical discharge to leave the military hospital.