A military judge has again held the Fort Hood shooting suspect in contempt of court for showing up to a pretrial hearing with a beard he had been told to shave.
Maj. Nidal Hasan was fined another $1,000 Friday. The judge, Col. Gregory Gross, said Hasan would watch the rest of the hearing on a closed-circuit television in a nearby trailer.
The Army doesn't allow beards. Hasan's attorneys say his is an expression of his Muslim faith.
Last week, the judge held Hasan in contempt and fined him $1,000. He said Hasan would be forcibly shaved before his Aug. 20 trial if he didn't shave.
Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder in the attack on the Texas Army post.