Fire department and paramedics are on scene at an Arlington animal control building that was evacuated after some people inside the building reported smelling gas.
Arlington fire department responded to a gas leak call at the building around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
It was later determined that some of the people in the building were have a reaction to chemical odors from others cleaning in the back of the shelter.
The administration office and shelter adoption center are being closed for the rest of the day as a precaution while the entire building is being ventalated.
Animals in the building are in a different area from where the odors were detected and were protected from the odor and cleaning chemicals.