Gas Leak Sends Students, Adults to Hospital

By Frank Heinz
|  Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010  |  Updated 11:59 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Gas Leak Sends Students, Adults to Hospital

Getty Images

Bunsen burner producing flame

A gas leak in a high school science lab sent 7 people to the hospital and forced an evacuation Tuesday morning.

Officials said gas leaking from a bunsen burner inside a lab at Crowley's 9th grade campus caused the teacher to pass out and made several students ill.

In all, two adults and five children were transported to an area hospital.  Officials said the injured were transported mostly for observation, though the exact conditions of the individuals is not yet known.

The building was evacuated, though students were allowed back inside once air quality returned to normal.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out