Investigators in Frisco said a cooking accident started a house fire that burned two men on Saturday afternoon.
The city of Frisco said the fire broke out at a duplex in the 9800 block of Camfield Avenue. Firefighters were called the house around 12:39 p.m.
Ambulances transported two men to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, where they were treated for burns. The names of the victims have not been released.
On Saturday evening, the city said the residents were heating some oil on the stove when the pan ignited. A man and his uncle were burned trying to extinguish the flames. The man's wife dialed 911. She and the family's children escaped without physical harm.
Firefighters also rescued two dogs from the structure. The dogs were given oxygen and released back to their owners.
The city said both units of the duplex are 70 percent damaged.