Four Badly Burned in Burleson Incident

By Ray Villeda
|  Friday, Nov 29, 2013  |  Updated 8:48 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Four young men spent Thanksgiving in a Dallas hospital, a day after a flash fire that injured the teenagers outside of a home in Burleson Wednesday afternoon. Family members told NBCDFW that 13-year-old Cameron Russell is in a

Ray Villeda, NBC 5 News

Four young men spent Thanksgiving in a Dallas hospital, a day after a flash fire that injured the teenagers outside of a home in Burleson Wednesday afternoon. Family members told NBCDFW that 13-year-old Cameron Russell is in a "medically induced" coma. 80 percent of his body is burned.

advertisement

Four young men spent Thanksgiving in a Dallas hospital, a day after a flash fire that injured the teenagers outside of a home in Burleson Wednesday afternoon

Family members told NBCDFW that 13-year-old Cameron Russell is in a "medically induced" coma with 80 percent of his body burned.

His brother, 17-year-old Nick Russell suffered burns to his arms and legs. He was reportedly burned while trying to get blankets and sheets to get the flames off of his brother.
 
Dakota Vasquez, 13, remains in Parkland Memorial Hospital in intensive care. Shawn Dean, 18, suffered burns to his face.
 
The Burleson fire marshal said the four were playing with gasoline in the backyard around 4:30 p.m. on Friday, when the gasoline flashed and burned the four boys.
 
Emergency responders arrived at the home on the 400 block of Southeast Gardens Boulevard and the teenagers injured.
 
"I'm just speechless," said Donna Russell, the aunt of two boys injured in the flash fire. "I don't know what to say; I don't know what to do."

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out