One firefighter was injured as crews worked to extinguish a three-alarm fire in northeast Dallas Thursday night.
Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a 911 call for a structure fire at the Indigo Town Homes, located at 11991 Audelia Road.
Firefighters could see fire coming from the first floor of a two-story apartment building when they arrived, according to Dallas Fire-Rescue.
Firefighters quickly got inside and located the source of the fire, but the flames had already gotten into the walls and were headed toward the attic space and spread to the roof.
The fire was put out after nearly an hour.
Fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental and started when a woman living in one of the apartment left food on the stove. When she returned, her kitchen was engulfed in flames.
Everyone in the apartment and building escaped uninjured.
One firefighter was injured and being treated at a local hospital for a minor leg injury. He is expected to be okay.
A least 11 residents have been displaced.
The American Red Cross was called is expected to help those displaced by the fire.