Grand Prairie Home Destroyed by Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Jason Bentley - NBC 5 Viewer
    Photo of the house fire in Grand Prairie from NBC 5 Viewer Jason Bentley.

    A family of four in Grand Prairie is safe after a fire tore through their home in the 5400 block of Montague Lane.

    The fire started Wednesday afternoon and quickly spread to significantly damage the single-story home.

    Grand Prairie firefighters say the fire was caused after the family was cooking something in their backyard when something went wrong and the fire quickly spread to the roof.

    Firefighters tell NBC 5 due to the quick spreading of the blaze, they had to move to a defensive position to try to stop the fire from moving to other homes in the area.

    None of the family members nor any member of the fire crews were reportedly injured.

    NBC 5's Amanda Guerra contributed to this report.