Omar Villafranca, NBC 5 News
A North Dallas apartment complex is a total loss after the building caught fire Tuesday evening.
Dallas firefighters battled a fire at an apartment complex near North Central Expressway on Tuesday night.
Firefighters saw heavy fire coming out of a until on the third floor of a building at the Advenir at Foxmoor Apartments in the 10800 block of North Central Expressway just south of Royal Lane. The fire was reported at 5:25 p.m.
More than 60 crews fought the fire as flames shot from the roof of the three-story apartment complex. The fire sent a plume of smoke over the roadway.
Crews fought the source of the fire, and two more attack teams were assigned when smoke coming from the roof line at both ends of the building was spotted.
The fire was extinguished Tuesday night.
No injuries were reported.
An unspecified electrical short in the fixed wiring sparked the fire in a third-floor unit, Dallas Fire-Rescue said.
DFR said all 48 apartment units were uninhabitable because the entire building lost power. A few units sustained fire damage, and a number of others sustained smoke and/or water damage.
The American Red Cross is working with the apartment management to arrange accommodations for residents, the fire department said.