Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a two-alarm fire at NorthPark Center in Dallas on Monday morning.
At about 10:30 a.m., smoke was visible coming from the roof after a fire at the Panda Express in the food court spread into a small attic space.
Firefighters were soon spotted on the roof, cutting a hole into the roof above the food court to battle the fire. Meanwhile, the mall was evacuated.
DFR said a grease fire started at the restaurant and spread through the Vent-a-Hood into the attic. Employees unsuccessfully tried to put out the fire.
Firefighters reported after breaching the roof at 10:55 a.m. that the fire was under control and smoke was being vented from the building.
Shoppers were allowed to return to the mall at about 11:45 a.m. The food court, except for Panda Express, also opened to customers.
In a statement released to the media, NorthPark Center said it evacuated the mall out of an abundance of caution.
Damage to the mall is estimated to be $10,500.
No injuries were reported.
NBC 5's Ray Villeda contributed to this report.