Counselors are available at Tom Bean High School after fire destroyed a barn and killed two dozen pigs cared for by FFA students.
Principal Roger Ellis said Wednesday that the structure is a total loss and that all animals in the building died.
Ellis said the girls and boys in Future Farmers of America, whose pigs died, are doing well but that FFA animals to some students are "like a family pet."
Ellis told The Associated Press that the last student left the barn around 10 p.m. Sunday. The fire was reported around 1:10 a.m. Monday.
Ellis said a fire marshal determined the blaze was an accident, possibly electrical, but that the fire did not involve a heat lamp.