Family Poisoned After Grill Used to Warm Chilly Home

Firefighters treated at the scene for CO exposure

Monday, Nov 28, 2011  |  Updated 10:34 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Family Poisoned After Grill Used to Warm Chilly Home

Getty Images

Four adults and an infant who were transported to a hospital are expected to recover.

Emergency officials say seven people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after an outdoor grill was used inside a Dallas-area house on a chilly evening.

Grand Prairie Fire Department Battalion Chief Cal Timpf said a family used the grill Sunday night in the garage, to prepare food, then moved the grill inside to help heat the residence.

Timpf said four adults and an infant who were transported to a hospital are expected to recover.

Two paramedics who went into the home, before emergency personnel determined what had made the five residents sick, suffered carbon monoxide exposure and were treated at the scene.

The National Weather Service said temperatures in the Dallas area dipped below freezing early Monday, after being in the 40s on Sunday night.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out