Euless Family Loses Home After Fire During Storm

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A Euless family is picking up the pieces after a fire destroyed their home on Friday. (Published Wednesday, Dec 11, 2013)

    A fire destroyed a Euless family’s home during Friday night's major ice storm.

    Piti Leota Alaiasa said a tree branch fell onto an electrical line, which both then fell onto the roof of her home on Aransas Drive. An electrical short on the line soon sparked a fire.

    “My dad came out and said the room is burning, and that is when we woke up,” said Alaiasa.

    Sixteen people lived in the home, but only Alaissa, her husband and parents were home at the time of the blaze. All four made it out of the home safely.

    The family lost all of their belongings in the fire.

    “Material things can be replaced, but not the love we have for each other our family,” said Alaiasa.

    The Red Cross is providing assistance to the family and friends of the family helped clean up some of the damage on Wednesday.