The Fort Worth Fire Department is looking for a few good men and women to fight fires and rescue citizens.
Beginning March 29, the FWFD will accept applications to take the entrance exam to the Fort Worth Fire Academy.
The minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED certificate or 12 semester hours of college
- 18 to 35 years of age (cannot have reached 36th birthday by date of training class certification)
- Valid Class C driver license (will be required to obtain Class B while in training)
After passing the entrance exam, fire academy candidates will be required to meet the following:
- Aerobic capacity run – 1.5 mile run that must be completed in 13 minutes, 57 seconds
- Physical ability test – six events representing job related activities conducted “circuit style” with a time limit of 5 minutes, 30 seconds
- A comprehensive background check, including a polygraph examination
- An oral interview board
- A medical examination
Applicants can apply online or deliver the application in person April 5-16 at the Fort Worth Fire Training Center on Calvert Street.