There was a gas leak in Lewisville.
Early information indicated that the leak prompted evacuations of one home in the 600 blk of Fox Ave. That information was not accurate. According to Atmos Energy, there was no evacuations or injuries.
Emergency crews were initially concerned about the gas migrating to nearby schools and homes in the area, which prompted the initial information about possible evacuations.
Atmos Energy contained the leak around 1:30 p.m. after they said a third-party stuck a service line. Atmos recommends for residents to call an emergency line if they ever smell gas. That number is 1-866-322-8667.
A gas leak lead to a massive explosion that destroyed a Lewisville duplex and killed one man on Jan. 11, 2013.