Electrical Short Sparks Fire That Destroys Dallas Home

By Frank Heinz
|  Friday, Jan 18, 2013  |  Updated 2:20 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Electrical Short Sparks Fire That Destroys Dallas Home

The fire at the home along Chimney Hill Lane.

advertisement

Dallas firefighters say an electrical short sparked a 2-alarm fire that destroyed a single-story home Friday morning.

The fire on the 9900 block of Chimney Hill Lane was first reported at 11:47 a.m.  Firefighters reported seeing smoke and visible flames coming through the roof when they arrived.

In all, 45 firefighters were called to the scene to battle the fire. Officials said a second alarm was called due to the size of the structure, windy conditions and potential for the fire to spread.

There were no injuries reported.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the victims.  Damage is estimated at $200,000.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out