Earthquake Hits Near Azle Just After Midnight
20 quakes recorded in North Texas this month
The latest quake, seen at the yellow pin, shows it's not far from a quake recorded just four days ago.
Another earthquake was detected in North Texas, the latest shaking near Azle shortly after midnight Friday, according to the United States Geological Survey.
A 3.1 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 12:14 a.m., west of Azle and southwest of Reno.
The epicenters for the earthquakes was recorded in the same area where a recent string of more than a dozen earthquakes have hit the Azle/Parker County area since the start of November. See a Google map here.
There have been no injuries reported in connection with any of the earthquakes.
Here are the USGS and NBC 5 reports of all North Texas earthquakes recorded in November:
- Nov. 29 - 12:14 a.m.: Magnitude 3.1,west of Azle
- Nov. 28 - 2:41 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 28 - 1:58 a.m.: Magnitude 3.6, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 26 - 2:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7 west-southwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 26 - 8:24 a.m.: Magnitude 3.0 east of Azle | Story
- Nov. 25 - 7:55 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7 south-southeast of Azle
- Nov. 25 - 1:43 a.m.: Magnitude 3.3 | Story
- Nov. 23 - 3:43 a.m.: Magnitude 2.9 southwest of Reno | Story
- Nov. 20 - 11:53 p.m.: Magnitude 2.2
- Nov. 19 - 6:40 p.m.: Magnitude 3.6 north-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 19 - 12:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.8 west of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 11:57 a.m.: Magnitude 2.5 southwest of Reno
- Nov. 13 - 3:01 a.m.: Magnitude 2.6
- Nov. 11 - 2:30 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8 north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 9 - 1:54 p.m.: Magnitude 3.0 south of Springtown | Story
- Nov. 8 - 9:34 p.m. : Magnitude 2.4
- Nov. 7 - 10:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.9 near Springtown
- Nov. 5 - 9:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.6 east-southeast of Reno | Story
- Nov. 2 - 12:45 a.m.: Magnitude 2.0
- Nov. 1 - 4:57 p.m.: Magnitude 2.1 east-northeast of Richland Hills | Story
Other Earthquake-Related Coverage: