EMT Killed, Three Injured While Overcome by Carbon Monoxide

Friday, Aug 13, 2010  |  Updated 11:30 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
EMT Killed, Three Injured While Overcome by Carbon Monoxide

Getty Images

advertisement

One emergency medical technician died and three co-workers are hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide while on duty in east Texas.

A spokeswoman at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview, which operates Champion EMS in White Oak, says the victims were discovered around 7 a.m. Friday by other workers during shift change.

Victoria Ashworth told The Associated Press that the carbon monoxide apparently was from a generator left running on an ambulance.

Ashworth says a 33-year-old female EMT, who was in training, was pronounced dead after being transported to the hospital. Ashworth says a paramedic and two emergency medical technicians, all male, are in good condition. Their names were not immediately released.

White Oak is a town of about 6,200, located 115 miles east of Dallas.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out